中文ENGLISH

Overview of Shool

Home · About Us · Overview of Shool

The History of Wenzhou Medical University can be traced back to the former Zhejiang Specialized Medical School established in Hangzhou in 1912, as one of the earliest higher learning institution in modern medicine. In August 1958, a group of faculty were sent from Hangzhou to Wenzhou to help build up Zhejiang Second Medical College, which was renamed Wenzhou Medical College after the city it is located. In 2013, it changed its name to Wenzhou Medical University.

 

1958, start of the 5-year undergraduate program in Clinical Medicine
1978, start of Master’s program
1981, one of the first institutions approved by the State Council to confer Master’s degree 
2006, authorized to confer Doctor’s degree
2009, approved to set up the post-doctoral research station
2013, changing name to Wenzhou Medical University